22.10.10

A Burst of Spontaneity.


I was going through Jane Aldridge's blog @ Sea of Shoes when I saw the pair of gorgeous "face" wedge from Dolce & Gabbana. At the same time, I was doing the unglamorously boring job that required me to go through stacks of recycled paper, so that the other staff could reuse them and save some trees in the process. And you guessed it- I actually made a correlation between the Mt. Everest stack of papers in front me; and the beautiful shoe on the screen.

For those who know me, they know, I can't draw to save my life. I can't exactly tell you what happened, that inspired me to draw; but I did, and I worked really, really hard on it. When I was done, I showed my little brother my piece of art and he laughed! Not only that, he added, "No wonder you're not a designer;" Maybe because my brain had turned into mush after all that unusual activity, but not only did that comment bounced off me like a beach ball, I knew that I had to scan it into my laptop and post it here. On a second thought, I think I might actually put the original into a frame or something. (Yes, now you could tell, I don't draw/sketch/paint/do art; ever.)

Of course it is nothing like the Dolce & Gabbana ones; at all. But I love mine, like crazy. And I wish I could kiss myself, for putting in the effort; and being brave enough, to do something this crazy. Trust me, this is crazy. And perhaps, I shall put in a little more effort in future, and post up more of my craziness. Well, we'll see (;

*Please, please don't laugh for all that's worth. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments(: Really do appreciate all of them! xx