12.1.11

Coco Mademoiselle

 Coco Chanel - Photography by Douglas Kirkland, 1962

Chanced upon these gorgeous photos of Coco Chanel, and I was instantly transfixed. To quote one of the comments I've received for Harrison's b/w photography from the previous post; 

"Black and white photography really brings out the power of expression within each photo." 

I couldn't have said it better. 
Adored by millions of women out there; these photos allows us to have a sneak peek into the life of one of the most influential women in the industry. Somehow, looking at these snapshots of Coco Chanel going into the House of Chanel at Rue Cambon, watching her at work, preparing for the upcoming F/W 62' show; made me feel as though I was privy to an intimate side of the designer herself- Douglas Kirkland really did her justice with these shots; She really is an inspiration and what she does, is art.