4.11.10

Review: This is One Delicious Magnum!


Maybe it's due to the presence of Maybelline ads everywhere, but I have been wanting to try a Maybelline mascara for quite some time; however due to a certain bad experience in the past; I was a bit hesitant about the quality; Nevertheless, I took the plunge the other day because I have been eyeing this bright yellow tube of mascara for the longest time!

When I saw the mascara wand, I was a little disappointed because I was used to using wands with thicker brushes; however, this was very easy to apply and needless to say, it glided onto my lashes perfectly! Unfortunately, I bought it in brown instead of black; but honestly, I could not tell the difference. The first coat stayed on perfectly and it was easy, to apply a couple of extra coats without it clumping at all! (I know, it's magic!) The end effect was stunning; and true to its name, my lashes looked thicker and longer! 

I used to use Dior Blackout (and nothing could compare with that); and currently, I'm using Benefit Bad Gal mascara. Although it is a great product; I feel that if you are on a budget and you want something which actually works; the Maybelline Magnum Volum' Express would be your best bet! It is definitely a great product and at $18.90; it could give the Benefit Bad Gal a run for its money! It is so much easier to apply and you don't have to worry about it getting onto your eyelids; moreover, this is more volumizing than Benefit's actually. Trust me on that.

However, in spite of everything, I have to deduct a star, or a thumbs up or whatever it is to this product because it... Works too well; I would say. I bought the waterproof one because, honestly, you might never know when your mascara would run and looking like a streaky panda is not an attractive look. However, at the end of the day, I got more than I asked for when I was trying to remove my makeup because even after spending five minutes in front of the mirror, I could not remove my mascara with my makeup removal wipe! I had to spend a great deal of time trying to soften the mascara and remove the gunk from my lashes without pulling out my lashes, (I pulled out, three strands?!) And so, this is the only downside to the product.

But at the end of the day, if you are looking for a new mascara, I would definitely recommend this product because it actually works, and in certain cases, much better than some expensive designer ones out there. I would love to try the black one sometime soon, because I'm sure it's going to be dramatic and gorgeous, and you'd definitely look like you're wearing falsies even though you're not!

* I don't think I've ever reviewed a product before, so this is my first; I know I can really long winded but I had fun, playing the role of a beauty editor wannabe! Hope you've enjoyed this post as much as I had fun doing it! Have a long weekend ahead! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments(: Really do appreciate all of them! xx