10.11.10

いらしゃいます!

IRASSHAIMASE!
TripleOne @ Somerset 
Fukuichi Japanese Dining
Spider (Soft Shell Crab) Maki
A genius blend of century egg, tofu and really yummy stuff;
Caterpillar Maki; full of yummy, avocado goodness.
Seafood Kaminabe 
Beef Teppanyaki
Apple Juice
Night Lights

Although Fukuichi may be a relatively new restaurant; from what I saw when I was there the other day, it has been gaining quite a following. Thankfully, we made a reservation before we went; because when we were waiting for our table, quite a couple of walk in guests were turned away. The alfresco area is beautifully done up; and with the setting sun and the cooling breeze, it was pure bliss, sitting at our table, with my family around.

Needless to say, the food was amazing. I really can't think of a better word to describe dinner that day. First of all, the century egg appetizer was nothing like we've tried before. The taste and texture of that dish was absolutely tantalizing. It was cold, runny, smooth and absolutely delicious. As always, I ordered a Spider Maki and the avocado maki for my family and I was not disappointed! Everyone at the table had only good things to say about the soft shell crab; and the Caterpillar Roll was equally amazing! Maybe because I am an avocado freak, but the presentation and the taste; definitely left a good impression on me. Having the seafood kaminabe in the alfresco was definitely the right move; firstly, the fire looks absolutely gorgeous at night; my family almost felt like we were having some kind of warm, fuzzy Chinese New Year reunion dinner and also the soup was absolutely rich and tasty; the prawns, scallops, shiitake and the likes were so orgasmic; it is definitely a must try if you are crazy for Japanese too! 

I am so blessed, and thankful that even though my brothers and I are all grown up now; we still manage to have such nice family dinners every week; it is something that I always look forward to on the weekends; and something that I will sorely miss <3 


Fukuichi Japanese Dining Restaurant
TripleOne Somerset Road
#02-11/12 Singapore 238164
Tel: 6271 5586 / 6472 8269

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments(: Really do appreciate all of them! xx