7.7.09

Random Thoughts & Musings...

Happened to visit blogs of several friends whom I haven't seen in years... And, looking at the lives which they live now; I can't help but wonder how things will be for me when I'm at their age.

They're all doing things which they love now; training to fly for the army in France, studying hard for their PHDs in prestigious Ivy League colleges, in a music program which they adore and travelling around, singing in grandiose Churches...

I can't help but.. think of how things will be like for me this time, next year...

I'm still wondering if I'm cut out for College life, because I know I will be heading out to the States should I want to apply for a Tourism/ Events Management program and it wouldn't be cheap (about USD$40 000 a year); and life wouldn't be as smooth sailing too.

(I will be missing home like crazy, looking at how I can't wait to go back home when I've been abroad for only 4.5 months!)

On the other hand, looking at their blogs, reminded me of how, wonderful God can be; they've all had their share of disappointments and tough times; but the trust they have in God never waver.

God truly delivers and when He shuts one door, He opens another; and sometimes, He instilled hopes in us; and yet, closes the door on us; because He wants us to learn to depend on Him...

My walk with God has it's ups and downs.. And through this internship and from their blog entries, it has further strengthen my faith and trust, I have for Him.


Charlene, Andy, Phebe & Samuel;

Thanks for helping me in my walk with God, yet again; even though you are all not physically here with me. I miss those times spent with you all; especially DREAM trips; (Phebe, I remember rooming with you on my very first trip to Mentakab; I remember Sam playing endlessly on the guitar on the coach to and fro SG, Charlene was the big sister, taking care of us freshies, and Andy was a great leader and mentor!)

You are all wonderful, woman and man of God and it is truly a blessing, to have known all of you((: I can't help but think of what God has in store for me; and from all of you, I've learnt not to underestimate the power of prayers and God, Himself of course.

So I guess, for College, for what I will be this time next year; or the following year, I will learn, learn to not be much of a worry wart and and allow God to show me, His plans for me((:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29 verse 11: (NIV)


I Love You Lord((:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments(: Really do appreciate all of them! xx